Saturday, May 26, 2012

Day 2: Fun, Fun, Fun ^_^

=.=Zzz... Woke up at 11am and still dead tired! Haven't felt this jet lag since 2007... My eyes were blood shot in the morning and I could just keep sleeping if I can. Unfortunately, I have to apply for my visa to China today because my cousin thought it'd take a month to get. Also, I'm on vacation! I wouldn't want to sleep through it!
After I washed up, my auntie offered to have cereal and milk for brunch haha. The milk tasted different from the ones in America and her Special K cereal was all soft and chewy... I guess she had those for a while...
After I finished, I changed, she hung up the laundry and we headed out for lunch with cousin Wendy. She had work and her lunch break was between 12:30 to 1:30. We went to this restaurant called Nana B Nana. They had lunch special HK$86 (US$11.08) that comes with any drink you want on the menu, any entree, soup and dessert! Such a good deal comparing to America. Wendy's co-worker forcefully recommended me to get the Ice Lemon Tea haha. Turns out it was really good and really different from the ice tea in America. I got this chicken curry rice dish. Came with 冬瓜汤 and sweet potato in 糖水。It was sooo filling and Wendy gave me some of her pad thai too~~ The first thing auntie and Wendy said to me when they first saw me yesterday was that I got really skinny! Now their goal is to make me fat! Haha. I think if I keep up with the way I'm eating today, I'll be so fat when I get back to America.
After lunch, Wendy went back to work, auntie brought me to the immigration building so I can get my visa to China, and she went to her doctor's appointment. The office was having their lunch, so I couldn't get in until 2pm. What turns out to supposedly take hours to get visa turned out to take me 15 minutes. I just filled out two forms, have a picture of myself and my passport. It all cleared and I can pick up my visa on May 30. Wendy had work until 5, so she wanted me to wait for her at the entrance of the building where she worked at. I told her that I'll go wander for a bit and try not to get lost. I hung out at the Starbucks outside of her building for a bit trying to get on the internet. The Starbucks in HK doesn't have free WiFi! T^T I ordered a Green Tea Latte and after I tried for like an hour, I got bored and went outside to walk around. The street behind her work was filled with clubs. O_O;;; There were slutty girls hanging out outside of the club trying to get people to go in. I got scared and went back to Starbucks. I felt weird just sitting around because the workers there were staring at me (I already dumped out my drink). I sat for a good 20 minutes trying to find out what's my phone number before I left again (and I still don't know my phone number because Wendy got me a China Unicom SIM card and my phone couldn't find signal for China Unicom... Weird). I wandered farther off to the other side of where all the clubs were and found 湾仔电脑城. I was so excited I knew all of the words on the sign! Haha... I hung out there for a while before Wendy called me telling me that she had to stay a bit longer to finish some things before she can get off work. Ahhhh~! A lot of the employees were playing Diablo III on display!! Can't play mine. :(
After Wendy got off work, we walked to Wan Chai harbor and watch the pretty skyline while the sun was setting ^^ Hong Kong is so pretty during sunset and when all the lights turn on. We took a ferry to Kowloon and had sushi for dinner with Wendy's friend Cherry. $8 per dish of sushi (1~2 pieces)! Soo cheap and there were so much more variety of sashimi than in America! ^o^ They actually have BIG pieces of caviar where you can actually taste the juice inside! Tasted like fresh sea water. It was yummy. Four of us ended up eating 37 dishes (HK$328, US$42). Really cheap for the amount that we've eaten~
After dinner, we walked all around Kowloon. It's soo pretty there; mainly because it's a tourist area. There was an area that was built in 1881 and it's so European style architecture. A lot of people dress up to take pictures there; some people were taking marriage photos there too~ So nice. I hope when I get married, I can take pictures there too. :) Big buildings, high end stores, five star hotels, etc. Such a pretty place... There were even the Street of Stars where famous people have their hand print printed on cement on the floor. Also a really awesome place to view the skyline of Hong Kong Island.
We walked so much today and Wendy even bought me fresh fried squid! :D So yummy and so fat! I'm gonna be so fat after this vacation... Wendy kept saying she wants to go on a diet, but how do you go on a diet with so much yummy food where ever you go?! Haha.
Tonight was so pretty. I hope Victoria was here. I try to enjoy 2x more so I can enjoy it for her too. One day, we'll come to Hong Kong together. :) Sleepie time! Night night!
Sunset from Wan Chai

I saw 3 of the ONLY 8 ice cream truck in Hong Kong! ^_^ They were removed by the government because they're not sanitary (due to the weather). But after protesting, they were able to bring back 8 of the trucks.

Really big caviar!

Sushi belt!

Haha, biggest night club in HK

Skyline of Hong Kong Island ^_^

Biggest Starbucks I've seen! 2 floors!

Watah!

Party boat! Kinda like party trolley in Boston~

Clock tower of the oldest train station. The train station is removed already though...

The writing of a hobo that claimed himself as once the Emperor of Kowloon... Now, his writings are preserved, haha

Funny banner, if you know how to read it. :)

The pretty place that a lot of people with fancy clothing were taking pictures. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment