Monday, May 28, 2012

Day 4: Long, Long, Long Car Ride

I was still catching my snooze when Wendy burst into the room to wake Edward and I up! It was 10:15am and she was yelling, "WAKE UP! WE'RE GONNA BE LATE!"
We planned to have dim sum with yi poh and cou gong, but we didn't know what time were we going... Turns out we were suppose to be at the restaurant at 10:30. We all got ready quickly and headed out. yi poh was so excited to see me. ^_^ She's this awesome old lady that knows Cantonese, Mandarin, English and probably a few more languages, traveled almost all around the world, and held driver's license in multiple countries. Haha. She loves all of us and gets really excited when we go out with her for yum cha. She was asking me all these questions when she found out that I was dating. She was like, how is she like?! Do you guys love each other?! Do you treat her well?! She's so cute! =^_^= Lolol...
After that, we were going to visit family members of ours at the cemetery (yi pog and cou gong already went home cuz they're like in their 80s, so they don't like going out too much). What was supposedly a 30 minutes drive took 3 hours because Edward and Wendy kept getting lost while Edward was driving, even with GPS. =_= We finally got there around 4:30 and 30 minutes to give them prayers before the place closes.
I was really glad to see him. I told him that thank you for looking over us. Mommy is doing well, but she couldn't come back to HK this time. I graduated from college and came back to HK to study and visit you. Thank you for looking over me and I hope you're resting well. Even though I don't remember the time we were together, I know you love me and I love you too. I'll come back more often to see you. I felt a bit weird because the whole time that I was there, I was really quite and calm. I guess that means its a good place for them.
The people there started kicking us out because they were closing, so we headed out to 白泥. <-- Funny because the place is called white mud, but the mud there is moldy green/brown. :P Also, we took another 2 hours to get there because we got lost again. Unlike the US where you can just take the next exit and go back, it's like MassPike where each exit is like 5miles away and the local roads are mad confusing. We went there to watch the sunset, but it was cloudy. It's the border between Hong Kong and Shenzhen, China, so we can see the skyline of China! Also, you don't know good seafood until you come here! O_O There was a whole market of seafood stands because people there catches the seafood locally. We pick it fresh from their tank (still alive), they bring us to their restaurant, and cook them immediately. It was really expensive, but it was really good and fresh! I've never tasted such fresh seafood! Picture below! :D Sooo good, but we still need to go home~ T^T On our way back, they Wendy, Edward, and auntie were freaking out because the car was running out of gas and they thought we were gonna get stranded on the middle of the highway. Gas stations are hard to find in Hong Kong and both Edward and Wendy's phone died, so they couldn't call friends to see if they know the closest gas station to us. We eventually found one after taking the nearest exit that the toll guy told us to go and roaming around.
Not much today other than riding the car most of the day~ Edward and Wendy's going back to work tomorrow, so not much is going to happen. :( But here's some yummy seafood pictures! ^_^







2 comments: