Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Day 14: Getting Ready For Guangzhou!

Weather: Sunny as nice as always ^^;

Happy IPv6! ^_^

Auntie brought me out to get my USD exchanged for RMB. She originally thought that money exchange kiosks gives the best rate and banks gives the worse because they charge a lot of fees. When we went to the kiosk nearby, the exchange rate for USD-->HKD was 7.06! O_O I was like woah! That can't be right! Last I checked, USD/HKD was 7.706... So I recommended that we go check out a bank before we do any exchanging...
So she decided to bring me to eat lunch before going to the bank. She brought me to Yoshinoya. I had the best beef rice dish ever! They flavored the beef so well! Auntie also ordered oden, but it wasn't even close to being as good as the one that Victoria's uncle makes. The miso soup that came with my rice wasn't that good either. xP But the rice plate was the best! Made up for all imperfectness. And it was pretty cheap too! HK$70!
Afterwards, we went to Heng Seng Bank to check out the exchange rate. This bank was one of the banks that people online recommended; the other place being Chungking Mansion. The exchange rate at Heng Seng Bank was 7.622! Haha... They would not do USD-->RMB, so they did USD-->HKD-->RMB. I ended up exchanging US$500 for RMB3100.00 and HKD$86.20 from the remaining $$ since they only have RMB100 bills. And since auntie has a bank account with that bank, they didn't charge any processing fee. I lost out on RMB20 comparing to the real price of the market, but that was better than the kiosks on the street... I'd be losing HKD$.60 for every dollar...
After exchanging money, we went to the market to get groceries and then went to visit cou gong. He got surgery to remove the puss from his infected area inside his body. He's doing okay now. It was just auntie and I though. Edward's always OTing and Wendy has been busy lately too due to the summer starting = more people traveling.
That's all I guess. :) Night night
The really good beef rice bowl! Yoshi Beef Bowl

1 comment: