Wednesday, June 27, 2012

34: Field Trip x2!

Woot! ^_^ No class today! We had company visits today all day, so it was fun!
We first went to the Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Limited. It was where people can buy and sell stocks. Too bad most of the trading are done online now a days, so people don't really come to this place. It serves more as a landmark rather than usage. The employee there gave us a tour of the place and taught us now to buy stocks in HK, but it was so different from the US and no one understood. It was so funny because he was explaining it on his own level and he kept telling us it's simple and we should understand haha... We don't even know how he got the numbers that he was speaking of. After he finished talking, we just went around and checked out the place.
After that, we headed for lunch at some random restaurant at the Hong Kong Exhibition & Convention Center. I had preserved egg & pork porridge. It was okay, but not worth $38 lol...
After lunch, we had a tour around the convention center. I didn't noticed that it was such a big place until I saw the convention room empty! Last time I attended Wendy's convention, it didn't look so big because it was filled with stalls and people. The lady that presented the info to us was really bad at presenting. She basically read the PowerPoint to us. That's one thing that we were taught not to do.
After that, we were free to do whatever we want, so we followed one of our assistant to a computer mall called Golden Computer Mall in Shum Shui Po. It was kind of like Wan Chai Computer Center, so I didn't really see the point. :s This place was more focused on games and less focused on computer and phones comparing to the Wan Chai one. I ended up buying two pen for touch screen for HK$25. I kind of find it useless since I don't play Draw Something anymore haha...
At 5:30, we decided to leave. I wanted to go to Mongkok, but I was still in my dress shirt and pants for the company visit, so I wanted to head back and change out of it. When I got back, I didn't feel like going out anymore, so I just took a nap before dinner. x3 Trying to cut back on my spending, so I just got something cheap. :) Went to Wellcome supermarket and got some breakfast.
That's all for today! ^_^ Until next time, peace!
Really modern look of the HKEx

I'm a stock broker!

I teach you how to invest!

The podium where the speaker introduce us about the history of the HK stock market

1 comment: