Saturday, June 23, 2012

30: Myah...

Hmmm... I really wanted this blog to be a happy one and my trip to be fun and wonderful! But there's always something that bothers me. :( Maybe I'm bad with people...
We only have morning class today, so we were done at 12:30. I was talking with the assistants after class regarding the field trip tomorrow around Hong Kong. :) When I finished talking to them, I didn't know where everyone went. I walked for a while before seeing Amanda. She's also an intern at Lenovo, but I haven't really got the chance to talk with her that much. Turns out she studies Psychology and Asian Studies at Williams College and she wants to go teach English in Japan after she graduates haha... What a fun life she's going to have. :P
Amanda was with a group of people that were going to have dim sum for lunch. I couldn't find anyone else, so I went with them for dim sum. I have already settled last night on going for sushi tonight for dinner. Calvin and Mo was excited about it, so I was looking forward for it all day.
After dim sum for lunch, we headed out to go to a temple. Apparently, some of the people in this group was a bit religious~ I told them my mom pray to the Gods every 1st and 15th of the month but that's about it lol... I went along with it. I prayed to the Gods there to protect me family and wish us all good health for the coming year, etc. etc. It was my first time getting my fortune told from shaking a cup of sticks and getting a fortune number lol... HK$30 -- I asked about family and it was actually not a lucky one. The translator said there's much argument in the family and my family should be careful about stomach and respiratory system as it might be a problem. I honestly don't believe that because there were over 20 stores of fortune readers and I'd bet everyone one of them would give a different answer. Though I could see how the argument is a bit accurate, but I doubt whatever she said was real. The rest of the group said their fortune was a bit irrelevant. One of the girl ask about love and the lady said she'll find love in mid-August lolol... After the lady told me fortune, she tried to get me into getting my life thingie "xi sun bat zhi." At first, I was like okay! Sounds fun! But when she told me it was HK$600, I was like O_O hahahaha.... No thanks! Then she tried getting me to do a cheaper one for $300 lol... But some of the people in the group really did it (as they were pretty religious). Anyways, we were getting kicked out because it was 5pm and they're trying to close.
After leaving, we went to Mongkok! This is where all the streets with the fake stuff where you can haggle price (Lady's Market/女人街)! The rest of the group was getting all these fried fish balls, chinese sausage, meat balls, seafood on stick and stuff like that, but I wanted to save my stomach for sushi!
My friends and I were planning on meeting up at 6 for sushi. One of them decided to follow an assistant to go for Korean BBQ... Turned out most of my group went with the assistant too. I was really annoyed, but I was like whatever, lets just go for Korean BBQ then... At this point, I was a bit hungry and agitated. I split up with my current group and try to find a place to meet them up. In the whole process, there was a lot of confusion and we could not get a hold of the assistant that's bringing people to the Korean BBQ place and the people that were meeting up with me didn't know how to get there either. After much complications, we finally found each other at 8pm... By this time, I just wanted to walk around Mongkok and buy food along the way as dinner. But no, Josh wants to find a restaurant to sit down and eat since we couldn't meet up with the assistant and the people with her. So I continue to go along with it. We walked for a good 30 minutes trying to find the place while I was tired, hungry, and kind of annoyed how my plans always get interrupted and never go the way that it should go (Partly because Josh acts like he's a know it all and thinks he know what he's doing).
We couldn't find the place, so we just sat down at a random restaurant to get some food because they felt bad for me for waiting for them all day and not go for sushi. By this time, I have lost all appetite for anything, so I just got plain congee and a dish of 菜心 for HK$22. The menu really didn't have any good places for congee.

No comments:

Post a Comment