Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Day 35: Last Day with Dr. Luk!

Field trip early in the morning! x3 We went to TSL (Tse Sui Luen Jewellery, but no one can pronounce it, so everyone just call it TSL) main branch today. The CEO gave us a talk on the history of the company and their new innovation on their jewelry. TSL used to be a traditional goldsmith company, but with the new CEO, he wants to aim for more western and modern feel. He new innovation separated TSL from 周大福,周生生,and六福 and led the company to win many awards. They even hired a guy named Willard Wigan, a microscopic craftsman that can craft microscopic sculptures and placed it on their rings. He was awarded something by the Queen of England. Really awesome. I felt so happy when the CEO said I asked a really good question. :) Haha, I always feel that my questions are stupid and people laugh at it whenever I do ask it. But this time, it was gooood. During the presentation, the CEO said they installed WiFi in every one of their store so the guys can go online on their phone while the girl go buy jewelry haha... So I said, "Like you said, you guys installed WiFi at every store so the guy can go online while the girl buy jewelry. I've also noticed that there were no products aimed for the male population. I understand that about 90% of jewelry buyers are by the female population, but do you guys ever though of entering the male population segment?" :D But this presentation had the most Q&A because his presentation was wonderful and everyone was really interested in their innovation and great success (even though this is the only second store I've seen lol...周大福and周生生 are ALL OVER Hong Kong).
After that, we were going to head back to HKU for lunch and class at 2:30, but Mo wanted sushi really bad and we were really closed to the really cheap sushi place that Wendy brought me to. We asked for permission to go eat there and try to head back to HKU for class in time. We got the okay and went for sushi! :D It was his first time eating real sushi and first time eating sashimi! Haha... He said in UK, the sushi are EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE and he has only had 7Eleven sushi which isn't real. I see that he really enjoyed it. We ended up having 20 plates = $160 + service charge to a total of $176. $85 per person which is less than US$15! :D So cheap! We were afraid there would be traffic, so we were gonna leave early, but we were full even before the time we planned to leave. We made it back to HKU with 30 minutes to spear.
After all that with the field trip and the lunch, I was too pooped to focus in class lol... It was also the last lecture with Dr. Luk. We have one more with Dr. Leung and we'll be done --> study for exam on Friday. Overall, I really enjoyed the class and he's a really good lecturer. Now I understand why HKU is one of the top schools in the world. The professors are really that great!
After class, I was debating whether to go back to auntie's house or not. I really wanted to go to H&M and get some cheap clothing and go to Mongkok to get some cheap stuff too... I ended up not going back or to H&M or Mongkok. :< I hung out in my room until people called me for dinner. We went out for dinner at a place that didn't have English on their menu! Haha... Most of us can either speak Cantonese or Mandarin, but none of us can read! Oh man... We were deciding whether to point to other people's table to order food or make up names of dishes that we knew on the top of our heads... We ended up asking if there was an English menu and luckily they do! Haha... In Shanghai, we can't do that because the English menu has prices a lot more than the Chinese menu. Overall, good dinner, good day. Came back, Skyped with Victoria <3 and now I should go shower and head to sleep. ^^; Tomorrow one lecture again, so I'll be done at 12:30. People wanted to go to Ocean Park/ Beach/ History of HK Museum... I don't know what to do, but myah...
Until next time, good night! :)
TSL, mainly focus on wedding jewelry!

HK$200,000 iPad! O_O And diamond studded bluetooth headset... Haha

So much gold!

HK$8 per plate sushi!

Mo and I after we're done x3

1 comment: