Thursday, June 21, 2012

Day 28: Worst Night Ever!

So today, we didn't have a second part of lecture, so we finished our day at 12:30pm. My visa finally arrived, so I told auntie that I'll go back today, pick it up and have dinner with her. When I got back to Causeway Bay, I noticed that I forgot to bring my keys and when I called auntie, she was at the hospital picking up some medication. So I decided to go eat lunch. I ended up going to Yoshinoya and ordered a mix vege beef rice bowl. The total came up to be $33 and I tried paying with my Octopus card but they don't accept it! :((( I only had $20 in my wallet, so the cashier suggested that I can get the smaller version of it. She was really nice and I think if it was someone else, they'd act like I'm wasting their time lol... So the smaller version was $15 and I added a lemon ice tea for a total of $17. It was filling nonetheless.
After I finished eating, I called auntie and she has returned back to her house. I quickly went up to meet her up because bank and post office closes at 5pm and it was already 3:45. Apparently, HKU mailed my visa with a verification required so I had to go to the postal office.
Turns out we don't even need our visa because we're not officially HKU students. We don't get our own HKU ID or anything. When I got my visa, it was valid for one entry until 06/07/2012. The fee to get the visa was printed on the ticket to be HK$160...... The freakin school charged me HK$800 to apply for me! T^T We had the option to pay HK$300 to get the HKU acceptance letter and apply for our own student visa or pay HK$800 to have them apply for us. I thought I'd be a hassle to have to go to New York, so I decided to have them do it for me. Man, they charged 2x the amount needed AND we don't need it. :( The assistants kept saying we have to enter HK with it. To be honest, if they don't say anything, I'm not going to do anything. It's another HK$400 to take the ferry to Macau and back. ._." Screw that!
After I picked it up, I had my auntie bring me to the bank again to exchange for money. I thought HK$500 would last me a whole week lololol... It lasted me 5 days before I had no money left in my wallet and $60 in my Octopus card. I was pulling it, but I made it through haha... I exchanged US$400 for HKD. The rate dropped by 0.01 so I lost $40. :( That could of gotten me a whole meal!
After exchanging, we went back home. I chilled at home while auntie went out for food. She made so much food tonight! Both Wendy and Edward came home, so we got to eat together again. :) It was so nice.
After dinner, I was getting ready to go back to my dorm. I packed everything and made sure I got my key and my dorm ID to check in. I left and caught the bus just in time when everyone was boarding. By now, it's 10:40pm... On the bus ride, I decided to take my phone out and put some music on. When I was about to get to HKU, I was going through all my pockets looking for my dorm ID and keys. I got my keys, but I couldn't find my card! O_O;; My first thought was that maybe I left it back at auntie's house, so I quickly got off the bus and called Wendy. I was afraid that if I don't catch the bus back to Causeway Bay, I'd be too late to take the bus back to HKU. Wendy said she'd call me back when she find my card, but in the end she couldn't find it even when I got back to their house. I was so upset. I even looked through the whole living room to see if I can find it. It was then my mind sparked. I took out a card from my wallet, put it against my phone and put it in my pocket. When I pulled out my phone from my pocket, my card fell out. It was then that I knew it must of fell out when I took my phone out. -_-; I tried contacting the bus office, but they were all off... Wendy just told me to sleep over and don't worry about it too much... I was really upset. If this happens in Shanghai, I'd have no where to go... I guess I can stay with Jason's friends, but that'd be weird considering that I don't even know them now. But yeah, going to sleep now... Good night until next time. :(
R.I.P. card. :(

1 comment:

  1. I hope you found your card! There is a girl named Hayley :)

    ReplyDelete