Sunday, June 17, 2012

Day 23 & 24: Moved into HKU!

Haha, I totally forgot to blog on Friday, the 15th. But I really didn't do much that day. I bought new Chucks for HK$260 (US$34). I got a haircut at a place that brags about HK$50, 10minute haircut. Really quick service for those on the go. Their cut was pretty good too! So angry at American barber shops. :( Always! Always mess up! I guess they only know how to just shave it all off and keep like an inch of hair.

Saturday, it was pouring. Wendy has to attention an convention because she's in charge of promoting her Airline company. I really wanted to go check it out because I was wondering what it was that's making Wendy so tired every night afterwards haha. So auntie brought me over to the Hong Kong Convention Center. It was awesome! So much bigger and prettier than Hynes Convention Center! Turns out it was a convention on promoting all kinds of airlines, hotels, traveling agencies, etc. Wendy got us VIP passes to get in for free (HKU$20 ticket)! There were a lot of companies there! Auntie and I just walked around and collected pamphlets from every stall! Haha... There's a lot of cheap deals going all around the world; US, Africa, Guam, Korea, China, Europe, India, etc. There was also a lot of free stuff too. I played a target throwing game at a Japan stall and won a pair of wooden chopsticks (I think it's a one use one) and a phone charm. There was a stall that sold exclusive Pokemon plush from Japan! I wanted it, but they were pretty expensive for a mini plush. We were waiting for Cherry to come by but she was late because she wanted to wait for her little sisters before going. So we left early because auntie thought I have to get to school before 5pm or else people will get off work (That's what it said on the welcoming packet. Check-in between 12-5). We were in such a rush to eat lunch, go back and pack the rest of my stuff. Edward fell asleep waiting for us to get back. Auntie wanted him to help me get to HKU so I don't get lost.
We didn't leave the house until 4:15, so instead of taking the 31 minibus, we took the train and taxi. It was still pouring outside, so there's heavy traffic and I would not be able to make it there before 5. We took the train to Central and took a taxi. We were half way there on the taxi when it turned 5 and Edward was a bit freaking out. Auntie was freaking out back home to get Edward to get ready and bring me or else I'll be late. She freaks out really easily when it comes to these things when time matters. We finally found our way to my dorm by 5:15. Turns out there were still students sitting at the door signing in students in for the program. I knew they would not be leaving at 5 because there are people with different flight schedules. Auntie wouldn't believe me that we don't have to rush, so whatever ya'know lol... I got to my room and I was surprised! The rooms are huge! O_O Not as huge as my Thatcher room, but it's definitely bigger than my Van Meter room... The view is awesome too! Full view of the ocean! :] Pix at the end... I settled down, Edward went back home, and I got my courage to meet people. I knocked on the door of my neighbor and met them.
New friends: Calvin, Jarred, Stefano, Sixing, Sam, Kristen.
Kristen, Sam, Sixing, Calvin and I went out for dinner and walked around Wellcome to see if we needed anything. I got some fruits for after dinner snack. We headed back to our dorm by 10.
Turns out HKU public wifi is really slow! T_T I couldn't download anything! Dropbox is taking 1500days to sync! I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow's orientation to see if we get student login infos.
That's my night. :) I love my dorm. My roommate is Rodrigo. He's from Brazil and he's pretty cool. I can't wait until tomorrow to meet more people and go have fun!
I miss you, Victoria. <3 I wish you were here with me but I think this is a great thing for me. I need to put myself out there on my own and survive on my own. I can't just rely on friends and parents where ever I go. I love you. ^_^ I'll see you soon~

No comments:

Post a Comment