Sunday, June 3, 2012

Day 11: Blehhh~ =3=

Weather: Sunny and Beautiful
Party: Auntie, Wendy, Cherry, Mun Yi, Florence, Me
Location: Last Day in Macau~

Woke up at 10am to get ready to go out and go sight seeing! Mun Yi brought us out to a cafe nearby to grab some breakfast. The menu was all in Chinese, so Wendy read me most of the sandwich on the menu. 咖喱鱼片包 sounded like a good sandwich to have so I picked that one along with a lemon ice tea that came with it. Thought that it was gonna be an excitement turns out to be not so much. :< The sandwich legit have 3 slices of fish slice that we usually buy in packets and cook for dinner, a couple droplet of curry and two buns to hold it together... I was expecting to have like a special way of making these fish slices and have some tomato and lettuce, but nope, just fish slices, curry and buns. o_o The lemon ice tea was regular Chinese tea with ice and a slice of lemon. If they make the sandwich as to what I thought it would be, I think they'd make a fortune! Haha, I'm so full of myself...
After that, we took the bus to 大炮台 Fortaleza do Monte Mount Fortress. This is the place where all the churches, the wars, historical sites, etc. are located. This place has tons of history and all the architectures are really pretty. The churches are beautiful and all the building that was not torn down from the early centuries were amazing. :) There's also this one church that only has the front door left after being burn down three times yet the front entrance still stands. Next to this was the Museum of Macau. Not much is in there besides a bit artifacts and the area where all the cannons are located; where Macau used to fight their wars. After that, we went to this Portugese restaurant that was really expensive! O_O There were dishes that was $350 each... Overall, I had a lot of fun on the first part of the day.
After that, Florence bought me a pork chop bun; a really popular sandwich that's big in Macau and Hong Kong right now. Auntie was trying to force me to eat it right away saying it's not going to be good when it cools down regardless of how full I was after lunch... I ended up eating half of it before I couldn't eat anymore.
Florence had to go and Mun Yi has to get home to correct exams so we departed. We took the bus for a good hour to get to a place where they sell famous egg tarts... Hong Kong sells them too but they said the main chef works here and it's different here; taste better I guess. Once again, auntie try to make me eat one saying it's not so good afterwards. I couldn't eat anymore so I denied until she shopped. When I thought we were ready to go, they had to go back to buy 2 more half a dozen of them to bring back for Mun Yi and friends in HK so auntie and I waited outside.
After that, we took the bus back to Venetian hotel. Wendy wanted to go to this old Taipa Village place to buy famous cookies and egg rolls. Wendy and auntie got on the bus to get there, but not enough seats for Cherry and I. We decided to walk over because the next bus was in 10 minutes. We forgot to have them take the tarts onto the bus, so we walked over while carrying them.
Wendy and auntie bought some cookies and egg rolls and wanted to go back to Venetian. Once again, there were not enough seats again, so Cherry and I walked back over but this time, we had them take the bags.
After we got back, we went to the Galaxy hotel instead which is connected to the Venetian. We just browsed around and just watched people gamble. Wendy and auntie lost another HK$100 lol :( We just browsed around until we had to go back to Mun Yi's place to pick up stuff and catch the boat back to HK.
When we got back to Mun Yi's place, it was really late and we were trying to catch the 9:30 ferry, so we took the taxi to the terminal. I was looking at the timepiece and I was like O_O The price went up like $2 like every meter! Such a money maker! In a 10min ride, it already cost $37.
We got there really early cuz there wasn't a line in the passport holder line so I got in quickly. We took the ferry back and got back at 11. Everyone was tired, so we just all passed out. :)

2 comments:

  1. That's all? :p If you don't want me to read it, I can stop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I was tired, so I didn't have time to type it. :P

    ReplyDelete