Thursday, June 7, 2012

Day 15: Cheap Clothing is a Lie! T_T

Auntie went out to do something and I was bored out of my mind at home, so I decided to go out on my own because I still need more clothing (mommy wouldn't let me pack so much!). It was awkward at first because I felt like I couldn't blend in into the crowd. But then again, I always felt like shopping alone was boring and retarded. :x
I first went out for food. I went to Yoshinoya again, but got noodles this time. ^_^ Also really yummy! And pretty cheap! Hehe~
After eating, I went to SOGO shopping center. It's kind of like a mall in the US, except this shopping center is 20 floors! There's floors for jewelries, electronics, furniture, house appliances, men clothing, women clothing, sports clothing, etc. everything you need! Except everything is really expensive. :( A regular t-shirt is HK$300+ and button up shirts are HK$500+... The business suits are $7000+... I got scared of the prices and left and went to Bossini instead. I've been to that store the last time I went to HK and their clothing are okay price and their style is moderate.
The thing I don't like about shopping in HK/China is that the salespeople pester you and follow you the whole time you're shopping. I think it's a cultural thing, but I find it annoying that they have to follow you around the whole time you're shopping and keep recommending things or asking what size you need until you tell them to stop or ask to try something on.
I ended up getting a button up short sleeve shirt for HK$150 (HK$30 off). That's US$20 which is about the same price. Now that I think about it, cheap clothing can't be good clothing lol... Cheap clothing in China might be really bad quality. I guess I shouldn't expect any cheap clothing though the way my mom said it, it sounded like US$5 per shirt or something.
I went back home and auntie got back already. She cooked up the rice and we headed out to visit cou gong. Came back, ate dinner and packed for Guangzhou~ ^_^ I honestly didn't know what to pack other than clothing... I guess that's fine as long as I got the necessary stuff. Good night! :)

3 comments: